I am a interaction designer and prototyper with 23 years of experience in visual and interaction design, information architecture, web development, graphic design, and hand drawing.
User-Centered Design, User Interface Design, User Experience Design, Information Architecture, Sketch, Material Design (Google), Balsamiq, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Fireworks, Flash, Hand Drawing, Visual/Graphic Design
Visit my LinkedIn Profile
The UX Process
The design process is dependent on project needs, time and company needs. User-centered design and Lean UX are two approaches. User-centered design is a thorough process with a lot of validation from actual human users. Lean UX is appropriate when you follow the Agile development method or have less time/resources.
User-centered Design follows some variant of Research, Analyze, Design, Prototype, Measure with deliverables from each stage.
- Figure out goals and users from stakeholders
- Customer Interviews, search for job roles then validate
- Create Personas then validate
- Create stories and storyboards
- Brainstorm/sketch concepts
- Create wireframes then validate with stakeholders/users
- Create mockups and clickable prototypes considering visual design then validate
- Create web-based browser prototype for high detail interactions/problems - user testing
Lean UX is focused on obtaining feedback as early and often as possible to make quick decisions.